If one has complained of Mozilla for the delay in performing new releases, now need to revise their opinions. Mozilla has released the new version Firefox 7 in very less span of time. Couple of weeks ago we reported on Firefox 6 and now Mozilla released another version. Firefox 7 enhance your browsing experience by improving one of its major drawback, i.e. high memory consumption. The latest and new Firefox 7.0 drastically improves the usage of memory (RAM) and is said to consume 20-30% less memory than former builds of Firefox browser.
The new Firefox has also improved image rendering on Windows systems, providing more resources for developers and is more open to feedback from users. Those who want to help enable the feature as anadd-on and send data related to the stability of the browser.
Changelogof Firefox 7:
- Drastically improved memory handling for certain use cases
- Added a new rendering backend to speed up Canvas operations on Windows systems
- Bookmark and password changes now sync almost instantly when using Firefox Sync
- The ‘http://’ URL prefix is now hidden by default
- Added support for text-overflow: ellipsis
- Added support for the Web Timing specification
- Enhanced support for MathML
- The WebSocket protocol has been updated from version 7 to version 8
- Added an opt-in system for users to send performance data back to Mozilla to improve future versions of Firefox
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Download link: Mozilla for windows