Samsung and Google finally took the wraps off their latest joint effort, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and it’s a screamer. The phone is just under 7mm at its slimmest point, and it runs Google’s brand new version of Android, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.
The GALAXY Nexus features a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED display technology at 720p resolution and a 1.2GHz dual core processor.
The HSPA+ will be just 8.94mm thick, with a minimal 4.29mm bezel around the edge of the screen meaning you can still hold it without it feeling to big.
“Samsung and Google have closely collaborated to push the mobile experience forward. We are pleased to deliver the best Android smartphone experience for customers with GALAXY Nexus. We will continue to move forward with Android to provide the compelling consumer experience in mobile world,” said JK Shin, President and Head of Samsung’s Mobile Communications Business.
“Ice Cream Sandwich demonstrates the Android platform’s continued innovation with one release that works on phones and tablets and everything in between. Features like Android Beam and Face Unlock show the innovative work our team is doing, and GALAXY Nexus showcases the power behind Ice Cream Sandwich,” said Andy Rubin, Senior Vice President of Mobile for Google.”With Ice Cream Sandwich, our mission was to build a mobile OS that works on both phones and tablets, and to make the power of Android enticing and intuitive. We created a new font that’s optimized for HD displays and eliminated all hardware buttons in favor of adaptable software buttons. We also dramatically improved the keyboard, made notifications more interactive and created resizable widgets.”
The new phone will come with LTE in the US and HSPA + in the UK.
It has a redesigned user interface with improved multi-tasking, notifications, Wi-Fi hotspot, NFC support and Barometer.
GALAXY Nexus features software navigation buttons, a first for Android smartphones and a redesigned camera which introduces panorama mode, 1080p video capture, zero-shutter lag, and effects like silly faces and background replacement.
GALAXY Nexus will be available in the U.S., Europe, and Asia beginning in November and gradually rolled out to other global markets.
GALAXY Nexus Product Specifications:
- Network: HSPAï¼‹ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100 EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
- Display: 4.65″ 1280X720 HD Super AMOLED
- OS: Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- Camera: Main(Rear) : 5 MP AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot (Front) : 1.3MP for Video Call
- Video Codec: MPEG4/H.263/H.264
- Playback: [email protected] 30fps
- Recording: 1080p Full HD [email protected] 30fps
- Audio Codec: MP3/AAC/AACï¼‹/eAACï¼‹3.5mm Ear Jack
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® technology v 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/ 5GHz), NFC
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer
- Memory: 1GB(RAM) ï¼‹ 16GB/ 32GB Internal memory
- Size: 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94mm, 135g
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-on 1,750 mAh
Price: Its price will be around Rs.32,000 in India .